Far North Spirits Dinner
Time & Location
About the Event
YOUR MENU & MORE...
Celebrate fresh, authentic food & drink at CityGate Grille's Grain-to-Glass/Farm-to-Table dinner featuring Far North Spirits!
Far North is the northernmost distillery in the contiguous United States. Founded by Michael Swanson, whose family has farmed its land in Hallock, Minnesota's Red River Valley since 1917, and Cheri Reese, Far North Spirits makes premium, heritage spirits inspired by Minnesota’s character and agricultural abundance. Far North is one of only a handful of estate distilleries nationwide to also grow its own grains.
CityGate Grille Executive Chef Adam Tanner will locally source the meal's ingredients, including herbs and vegetables grown in CityGate's own Chef's Garden and meats from local producers.
- Smoked Salmon Farm Fresh Eggs on Garden Cucumber and Pickled Red Onion
- Drunken Bruschetta: Vodka-marinated Garden Tomatoes, Basil and Grilled, Local Sourdough Bread
Paired with Summer Spice
- Syva vodka and grapefruit juice with a dash of banana pepper simple syrup; banana peppers fresh from our Chef's Garden
- Michigan Bluebarries, Gotham Mixed Greens from Chicago, Grumpy Goat Cheese and Crislpy Nueske"s Bacon, Fresh Great-Lake Walleye
Paired with Northern Blues
- Gustaf gin with muddled blueberries and Thai basil from our Chef's Garden, lemon juice and simple syrup
- Local Skirt Steak with Garden Grilled Vegetable Hash and Smoked Green Tomato Jalepeno Salsa
Paired with Surtr
- Smoked Old Fashioned with Roknar Minnesota blend whiskey, habanero honey locally sourced from from Heaven’s Honey in Bensenville, and orange bitters smoked with a fresh bay leaf from our Chef's Garden
- Toasted Local Peach Cheesecake with Grilled Peaches and Fresh Whipped Cream
Paired with Peach for the Skies
- Alander spiced rum, peach puree, lime juice and fresh mint from our Chef's Garden
$65 pp + tax & 20% gratuity